Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am an Adventure Cyclist

It took about four days, but then it clicked. I am an adventure cyclist. Not an athlete, not a traveler, certainly not a tourist or a vacationer, I am an adventure cyclist. I ride my bike on adventures. And Team Krusti does adventure differently than anyone else. We ride our bikes sometimes, but we also do what we always do - eat, drink coffee, tea and beer, watch movies, read, knit, shoot the shit, sleep. We take every moment one at a time and refuse to rush. We talk to people and get the feel of places, and yes, we will have one more cup of coffee or another beer before we hit the road.

That's how we made it to Cantwell, 26 miles outside of Denali. Riding our bikes sometimes and eating cheese fries to fuel us on our way. Now we're headed into the park, so if a bear is interested in us, this may be our last post. We love you all and miss you dearly. Time to adventure on!

No comments:

Post a Comment